Writing Resources for Students
Location: Kennedy Library, Room 111C
Hours: Sunday: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Monday - Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Thursday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Phone: (805) 756-6032
- The University Writing and Rhetoric Center offers free consultations on any writing project for any discipline. All writers are welcome!
- Schedule a FREE consultation on your writing project by appointment two days in advance; Drop-in visits are available on a first come, first serve basis. *Note: due to the high volume of writers who seek our services, we recommend scheduling an appointment ahead of time.
- Call (805) 756-6032 to make your appointment
- Note: The University Writing and Rhetoric Center is closed during the first week of the fall, winter and spring quarters, finals week, and during the summer quarter.
Online Writing Resources
The sites below open to new windows outside of this web site.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing: Interactive quizzes, linked information, PowerPoint presentations.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant: Help with organizing, editing, thesis/support essays, argumentative essays, and documenting sources.
- Purdue On-Line Writing Lab: an expansive website with detailed information on punctuation, sentence structure, tips for multi-lingual writers, business writing, online tutorials, just to name a few. Includes online APA and MLA style guides.
- The Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison: Offers an online writer's handbook with grammar and style handouts.